STUDY PROGRAMS (BA, MA, PhD)
Study program Informatics at the Department of Computer Studies operates at three levels: undergraduate, master and doctoral studies. Goals of this study program are development of creative capabilities and mastering the academic as well as practical skills and methods in order to acquire professional competence in the field of information technologies.
UNDERGRADUATE ACADEMIC STUDIES
Study program of Informatics is represented through undergraduate academic studies in the fields of informatics and computer science at the University of Novi Pazar. Studies last for 8 semesters, i.e. 4 academic years. In order to complete studies at this level it is necessary to achieve 240 ECTS which at the same time provides professional title of “bachelor of computer science.”
Informatics study program is conducted with application of modern visual aids and courses are supported by using computers depending on the course needs. Teaching is a fully interactive, conducted using the most advanced methods in modern computer labs. Exercises are conducted in small groups; the emphasis is on practical work and mastering skills needed for designing and analysis, development and management of business process components and business processes and systems as a whole. Special attention is given to the acquisition of skills of critical application of knowledge acquired in the application of tools, methods and techniques in the design of networks, information systems and the development of different types of application software.
Through the teaching process, students acquire skills for understanding basic concepts in the field of computer science and information and communication technologies, then the ability of collecting, analyzing and explaining relevant information, the ability to exchange information, ideas, problems and solutions in the process of communication and the ability of knowledge and skills application in solving specific business problems. According to the course schedule, general knowledge courses that provide knowledge in Sociology, Pedagogy, Psychology, English language, human-computer interaction, computer science and society and management are taught. Theoretical and methodological, scientifically vocational and scientifically applicable courses and professional practice are distributed during the four years of studies. After all obligations are met and all exams are passed, students may defend their final paper.
The purpose of undergraduate Informatics studies is acquisition of knowledge from various scientific and professional mathematical and information fields, which are necessary for understanding and mastering of the complex and modern IT processes. This study program provides socially useful competences. Upon graduation a studеnt is able to solve the practical problems аlghоritmically, and to realise them in the chosen programming language. Students who choose electives from the group of courses oriented towards teaching informatics may be provided the opportunity to work as computer science teachers in schools. Finally, the purpose of this study program is to provide an appropriate background to further improvements and education in the field of computer science, primarily in the academic graduate studies of this educational profile (for acquiring the professional title of Master of Computer Science).
Informatics study program goals are development of students’ creative skills and achieving academic and practical skills and methods in order to achieve professional competence in the field of information technologies. Special attention is given to the acquisition of knowledge and skills in the fields of programming languages, computer graphics and development of wеb аpplications, information systems, databases and computer networks. Goals of the study program may be presented through acquisition of the following skills and knowledge:
- Students acquires basic knowledge through mastering of the program contents in the field of computer science and informatics, together with the knowledge of mathematics, probability and statistics, data structures and algorithms and the basics of the computer technique.
- Practical knowledge is acquired by mastering the contents of the computer technique and architecture, program languages, operative systems, databases, information systems, computer graphics, computer design, intеrnеt prоgrаmming, computer networks etc.
Studеnts are able to take the right choice and use the informatics tools and techniques for the work analysis, application of new informatics solutions, with the possibility of using the internet technology. Upon graduation students are competent to solve practical problems and to undertake the following positions: manager of the computer centre (IT sеctоr, offices etc.), system analyst (designer IS), designer and databases аdministrаtоr, аdministrаtоr of the computer networks, IT security manager, prоgrаmmеr – development of the application software, IT project manager, analysis and reengineering of the business processes, web design, development and implementation of protection in modern computer systems, professor of informatics in primary and secondary schools and education of staff in IT domain.
STUDY PROGRAM – INFORMATICS (undergraduate academic studies – 240 ECTS)
Title: Bachelor of Computer Science
|No.||Code||Course name||Semester||Lectures||Exercise classes||LAB||ECTS|
|1||IOA01||Developmental history of mathematics and informatics||1||1||2||5|
|3||IOA03||English language 1||1||2||0||4|
|4||IOA04||Introduction to IT||1||2||2||6|
|5||IOA05||Data structures alghoritms||1||3||3||8|
|7||IOA07||Basics of the computer technique||2||2||2||1||6|
|8||IOA08||Introduction to programming||2||2||2||2||6|
|9||IOA09||English language 2||2||2||0||4|
|10||IB1||Elective courses 1||2||2||0||6|
|11||IOA12||Professional practice 1||2||0||0||2|
|14||IOA16||English language 3||3||2||0||4|
|15||IB2||Elective courses 2||3||2||2||6|
|16||IOA19||Object-oriented programming 1||4||2||3||7|
|17||IOA20||Introduction to information systems||4||2||2||5|
|19||IOA22||English language 4||4||2||0||4|
|20||IB3||Elective courses 3||4||2||2||6|
|22||IOA25||Professional practice 2||4||0||0||2|
|21||IOA26||Object-oriented programmming 2||5||2||2||6|
|24||IOA29||Business information systems||5||2||2||6|
|25||IB4||Elective courses 4||5||2||2||6|
|27||IOA33||Computer graphic and geometry||6||2||2||5|
|30||IB5||Elective courses 5||6||2||2||6|
|33||IOA38||Professional practice 3||6||0||0||2|
|32||IOA40||E-teaching and learning||7||2||2||6|
|33||IOA41||Wireless and mobile communication||7||2||1||1||6|
|34||IB6||Elective courses 6||7||2||2||6|
|35||IB7||Elective courses 7||7||2||2||6|
|38||IOA48||Informatics teaching methods||8||2||2||5|
|39||IB8||Elective courses 8||8||2||2||6|
|No.||Course name||Semester||Lectures||Exercise classes||ECTS|
|Elective courses 1||Computer applications||2||2||0||6|
|Elective courses 2||Computer application in mathematics teaching||3||2||2||6|
|Elective courses 3||Multimedia contents management||4||2||2||6|
|Elective courses 4||Entrepreneurship||5||2||2||6|
|Introduction to pedagogic psychology||5||2||2||6|
|Elective courses 5||Intercultural understanding and communication||6||2||2||6|
|Contemporary teaching methods||6||2||2||6|
|Elective courses 6||E-business||7||2||2||6|
|Teaching methods in education||7||2||2||6|
|Elective courses 7||Web apliccations security||7||2||2||6|
|Elective courses 8||Academic writing||8||2||2||6|
Study program Informatics at the Master academic studies level represents studies in the field of computer sciences at the University of Novi Pazar. Studies last for 2 semesters, i.e. one academic year. In order to complete studies at this level it is necessary to achieve 60 ECTS, which at the same time provides the professional title of Master of computer science.
Teaching is conducted with the use of modern visual equipment. Teaching methods include lectures, practical and laboratory exercises, as well as the consultations with the mentor. After all obligations are met and all exams are passed, students may defend their final master paper. Study program comprises three obligatory subjects, two elective subjects, research work and master final paper.
The purpose of this study program is education of the professionals who will work in various organizations and education institutions, in positions that require development and implementation of IT and software.
- Students who choose electives from the group of courses oriented towards teaching informatics, may be provided the opportunity to work as computer science teachers in schools. Development of creativity is encouraged, individuality, analytical and critical approach in the process of solving and researching the pedagogic and technical-technological problems in school and out of it. Besides, these subjects give opportunity to work in special technological regions, i.e. to transfer this knowledge in appropriate education areas.
- Students who choose electives relating to data protection and cryptography will be provided the needed knowledge in the field of the computer systems protection at concrete examples. Emphasis is on making the students being familiar with the new security threats and risks; making them more aware of the possible attacks, primarily within Internet surrounding; widening of knowledge regarding the new tools for detection of sensitivity of the existing systems and application of cryptographic algorithms and the preventive protection.
Upon successfully completing the study program of master academic studies Informatics, students acquires the following competences:
- Ability of algorithmic thinking and solving of problems; knowledge on different modern tools within the field of data protection and cryptography.
- Understanding and application of the most popular commercial and free of charge tools and systems, in order to successfully create various solutions for E-learning; identification of different services necessary for the E-learning projects, and development of criteria for the choice of the most suitable product; effective handling of contents, courses and users, as well as the effective handling of their own learning and improvement.
- Critical analysis of the concepts, topics and questions relating to the realization of systems for the learning/students’ support; critical analysis of the experience and plans for realization of the learning support systems, as well as the services for the students’ support.
- Preparation of plans in order to help students in learning; application of different tools and services for online support.
- Ability to design information systems using modern methods and techniques of software engineering.
- Ability to follow and apply new information and communication solutions.
- Ability of professional and ethical use of the obtained data, information and informatics tools.
Finally, the purpose of this study program is to provide an appropriate background to further improvements and education in the field of computer science, primarily in the academic graduate studies of this educational profile.
Students acquire skills for independent learning, projecting, business planning and management of information centres in organizations of different activities. General goals of this study program are the development of creativity and mastering of the academic and practical skills and methods, in order to achieve the professional competences in IT field. Students develop individual and team activities and undertake ventures and projects of varying scope.
STUDY PROGRAM – INFORMATICS (master academic studies – 60 ECTS)
Title: Master of computer science
|1.||Research methodology for theoretical preparation of master paper||1||2||2||7|
|2.||ICT selective chapters||1||2||2||2||8|
|3.||Information systems selective chapters||1||2||2||2||8|
|4.||Elective courses 1||1||2
|Computer systems security|
|E-learning management systems|
|5.||Elective courses 2||2||2||2||7|
|Modern cryptographic systems|
|E-learning user support|
|6.||Master paper SIR||2||16||8|
|7.||Final master paper||2||15|